Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Austin

Just when I've been wondering where my next big adventure is coming to come from, it has arrived. I'm flying down to Austin, TX to do the photos for the giant tribute to Big Star, and their third album. I did the photos for this collection's 2010 debut. Now its time for the show to land at SXSW, and we'll see what comes out of this.

This trip will mark ten years since I first went to Austin, and the SXSW festival. I've had so many amazing experiences there, and worked with so many people. I saw My Morning Jacket playing in the back of an art gallery. I did photos for the Sonics, one of their first photo shoots in forty-plus years. I met Roky Erickson and Alex Chilton on the same day. Who knows if and when I'll be back in Austin again, but I'm sure that a few good stories, and photos, will come out of it.

Safe travels to you all, and I'll try to do the same. Until the next adventure,
-Daniel
March 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment