Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Update from my photography site

www.danielcostonphotography.com. You should visit this, too.

Hey everyone-

Merry Christmas! There's been a lot going on, so let me get you up to date.

My photos of a certain Charlotte author went web crazy last month, after photographing her just a few days before the big story broke. My photo was purchased for usage by People Magazine, New York Daily News, New York Post, and NBC/MSNBC, and has been posted online by many other outlets around the world. I was also interviewed by People Magazine about taking photos of said author. It was an interesting week, to say the least, but I'm glad to have seen the hubbub die down.

The day before the People interview, I did a lengthy interview with Our State Magazine about the early days of the Avett Brothers. The magazine also purchased some of my photos of the band for the article. They'll be hard to miss! It will either be the January or Febaruary issue, I will keep you posted when the issue is on the stands.

In late November, I had the great honor of photographing the Monkees tour in Glenside, PA. It was a a thrill to see Mike Nesmith in action, and to finally photograph a Monkees show. Some of my photos from the show are now up on the band's Facebook tour page, as well as my blog. Hopefully, you'll see more of my Monkees photos in the coming year.

My Procol Harum promo photos were used all over Japan this month, as the band did a well-received tour of the country. Other places that my photos have turned up included the Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Magazine, Southpark Magazine, cover of Myers Park Life, Society Charlotte, Bedford Magazine (Ridgefield, CT, which used my photo for a feature on Beach Boy David Marks), and many others. If you've seen my photos in other places, let me know. It's been hard to keep up with the photos, as of late.

Lots of cool shoots, recently. The Who concert in Washington, DC, the Hit Men in Newberry, SC, Chatham County Line holiday tour in Greenville, SC. Back in North Carolina, recent shoots include Willie Nelson, the Gathering, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Wanda Jackson, promo photos with the Mack Fowler Band, and shoots with many other clients. You'll see some of these photos on this site shortly, but also check out my blog, danielcoston.blogspot.com, for photos and ramblings about my adventures.

I am currently waiting to see the proofs for the NC Musicians book (now officially titled "North Carolina Musicians: Photographs And Conversations"), and will keep you posted. I am also supposed to be working right now on finishing my book on the NC rock and roll scene of the 1960s, but work has been slow, due to my recent work blitz. I'll keep you posted on this one, as well.

Godspeed to so many good people that we've lost in recent weeks. I also want to welcome my new niece, Milah Andrea Parks, into the world. Seeing her is, for me, seeing all the possibilities that life can offer us. You can also read my welcoming letter to Milah on my blog. My family cried when they read it, so I hope that is a good thing. Thank you to everyone that helped make this year one of the best in my life, and I hope to see you again in the coming months. 
Safe travels,
-Daniel
December 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment