Thursday, July 31, 2014

Update From My Website

Hello All-

I hope you’re all having a good summer. Here’s what has been going on around here.

My thanks to all that came out to the Charlotte Museum Of History, and the Neighborhood Theater for our release parties for the second edition of the NC 1960s book, There Was A Time. Both events were a lot of fun. Thanks also to those that came out for my recent booksigning for the NC Musicians book in Boone, NC. We hope to do some more with this book later this year, so stay tuned.

After some time away from photographing music, I’ve started to pick up some cool gigs again. Recent live and posed shoots include work with Procol Harum, the Beach Boys (via Endless Summer Quarterly), Loudermilks, Tom Maxwell. A new EP by the Howlin’ Brothers features a photo I took of the band last year. Other recent live shows include John Mayall, Phil and Dave Alvin, Marc Cohn, Ringo Starr, GTownsound, Alejandro Escovedo, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, and many others. I’ve also done shot many events for the Charlotte Observer, and other clients. 

My friend Holly George-Warren has released her book on Alex Chilton, A Man Called Destruction, which features one of my photos and three of my interviews. Holly is speaking at the Cat’s Cradle in Carrboro, NC on August 23rd, the night after my friends in Big Star Third are performing. If you’re anywhere near Chapel Hill that week, please come by and check out these remarkable events.  

I’ll have more info soon about events I’ll be a part of in the fall. More photos will be posted here soon, and also check out more of my work at my blog, and friend me on Facebook to keep up with my day-to-day adventures. Safe travels to all, and I hope to see you on the road.
-Daniel 
July 29, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment