Wednesday, July 8, 2015

One More Old Dragon Laid To Rest

Hello All-

Some of you may have read in other places that for a long time, I've been emotionally unable to look back at my 1999 photos of Elliott Smith, and have them scanned and preserved. There's a myriad of reasons for that. Elliott was an amazing singer and songwriter, and above all else, a nice, quiet and shy man that did not deserve the way that he is now remembered. No matter what you, or I think happened.

Two nights ago, while I was working on other projects, I decided to turn on my film scanner. While I scanned all of Elliott's photos, I worked elsewhere on other projects. Why didn't I think of this sooner,  you ask? Good question. Maybe I just wasn't ready to. In looking through the folder of photos, I realized that it also contained a remarkable series of photos that I did in 2003 with Vic Chesnutt. At some point, I thought that I should work on both sets of photos, put them together, and forgot about it. Now, they're both preserved digitally. Finally.

Some people spent years, or lifetimes checking off their "I really should" wishes on their to-do list. I've had a few, but they've taken some time to check them off. But now, that list is nearly finished. What's next? We'll see. All we can do in the long run, hopefully, is to keep checking off said boxes, and move to another adventure.

Here's to further adventures.
-Daniel
July 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment