Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Update From My Website

Hello all-

How are you? Just a quick update to let you know about the busy things that have been going on with me.

First, I have a entirely new show of photos. The Blumenthal Permforming Arts group in Charlotte asked me in May to put together a show of concert photos from the Charlotte area. In three weeks, I picked out, printed, framed and hung the show in three weeks. Instant karma? More like instant art! The show is now free to view anytime at the Knight Gallery at Spirit Square until November 22nd. The show is titled The Place To Be, and features photos from every current and past music venue in Charlotte that I’ve photographed over the last 22 years. Spirit Square is hosting an official opennig party on Friday, July 7th from 6 tp 9pm. Live music, free admission, and one big party. I hope to see you at the show this week, or sometime over the next few months. My show at the Charlotte Museum Of History is still there, and please check out that show, as well, if you haven’t already.

Second, with the recent closing of the Double Door Inn, I have re-written the book on the venue that I originally co-wrote with the late Debby Wallace in 2008, and have this new version as the third and final edition of the book. Home Of The Blues: A History Of The Double Door Inn, is available on Amazon, and other independent book shops throughout North Carolina. 

Lots of work the past several months. Two days of photos in June with the National Sports Media Association (NSMA), work with Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell and more as part of a concert with the Earl Scruggs Center, traveling to photograph various shows by Micky Dolenz, X, Rhiannon Giddens, and many others. Numerous events for Southpark Magazine, Charlotte Magazine, and many other clients. I have also been dragged out from behind the camera, as of late. Check out two nice articles on me on Charlottefive.com, and Francene Morris recently did an excellent interview with me that covered a lot of ground. You can find all of these online, as well as links to them on my blog, danielcoston.blogspot.com.

And if you’re wanting to see more of my work, here’s where you can see what I’ve been working on.

danielcoston.blogspot.com (blog)
@danielcostonphotos (Instagram)
@danielcoston (Twitter)
danielcostoncostonmusicphotos.com (music photos and archives)
danielcoston.photoreflect.com (Event photos site)

I hope to see you all soon. Safe travels, and see you on the road.
-Daniel
July 5, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment